Looking for an easy breakfast recipe that is perfect for busy mornings, since you can prepare a big batch in advance and freeze them individually in aluminum foil or a Ziploc bag. These potato breakfast burritos breakfast are made with egg, veggies, and hashbrown potatoes, and they are the perfect start to the day.
The burrito is savory, slightly spicy, and cheesy. The eggs are fluffy and the hashbrowns add a nice crunch. The tortilla is soft and slightly chewy. Overall, it's a delicious and filling breakfast option.
- Black pepper
- chili powder
- green bell pepper
- hash browns or breakfast potatoes
- cheddar cheese
- flour tortilla
See recipe card for quantities.
How to make these Breakfast Burritos with Potatoes
Wash and chop the onion and the bell pepper.
In a large bowl, whisk the eggs with salt and pepper.
In a skillet, over medium-high heat melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Add the chili powder, stirring so that the spice flavor the butter.
Add the bell peppers, potatoes, and onion and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the beaten eggs. Stir gently until the eggs are cooked.
In the center of a tortilla add the fluffy scrambled eggs mixture and cheddar cheese.
Fold up the bottom and sides
Roll from top to bottom.
This step is optional, melt 1 tablespoon butter in the skillet, and cook the burrito on each side for 2 to 3 minutes over medium-low heat.
Hint: Be sure to whisk the eggs well before adding them to the skillet. This will ensure that the egg mixture is cooked evenly.
- You can use any type of cheese you like. shredded cheddar, Jack, or even mozzarella would be delicious.
- If you don't have hashbrowns, you can use fresh potatoes or sweet potatoes that you will have diced. Just cook them in the skillet with the peppers and onions.
- You can use any type of pepper you like. Green bell peppers are traditional, but you could also use red or yellow peppers.
- If you don't have chili powder, you can substitute paprika or smoked paprika.
You can keep the Burritos in the fridge for 3 days. You can also freeze the burrito. Just wrap it tightly in foil or plastic wrap and place it in the freezer. When you're ready to eat, thaw overnight in the fridge and then reheat in the microwave or oven.
Yes, you can make the burrito ahead of time and reheat it when you're ready to eat. Just wrap it tightly in foil or plastic and place it in the fridge. When you're ready to eat, simply reheat the microwave or oven.
You can add anything you like! Some other great options include diced tomatoes, avocado, bacon, or breakfast sausage. You can also add spices like garlic powder, and onion powder Get creative and make it your own
You can serve the burrito with salsa, guacamole, or sour cream. It's also delicious on its own. If you're looking for a heartier breakfast option, you can serve it with bacon or turkey sausage.
Looking for breakfast recipes; Try these:
- 2 tablespoons butter divided
- 5 eggs large
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 red onion diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 cup hashbrowns
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 4 flour tortillas large
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs with salt and pepper.
- In a skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Add the chili powder, stirring so that the spice flavor the butter.
- Add the bell peppers, potatoes, and onion and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the beaten eggs. Stir gently until the eggs are cooked.
- Top tortillas scrambled egg mixture and cheddar cheese.
- Roll the tortillas tightly.
- This step is optional, melt 1 tablespoon butter in the skillet, and cook the burrito on each side for 2 to 3 minutes over medium-low heat.
- Serve on a plate with salsa if desired.