The perfect soup on a cold day !
This Squash and Pears Soup is definitely one of my favorites. It’s tasty, velvety and has a flavor that’s out of the ordinary.
It can be served as a starter or as a main course. If you serve it as a main course you can serve it with hummus ans crackers to make it a more complete meal.
Squash And Pears Soup
Perfect comfort soup for cold fall days. This squash soup is definitely one of my favorites. It is tasty, velvety and has a flavor that is out of the ordinary.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 40
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: Soup
- 1 butternut squash, cubed
- 3 cubed potatoes
- 2 chopped onions
- 5 pears, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon of ground turmeric
- 2 tbsp. Curry
- 6 cups of vegetable broth ((super good price at Costco!))
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- salt and pepper
- Peel and cut the squash, potatoes and pears into pieces. Slice the onions
- Brown all the vegetables and pears in the olive oil for about ten minutes.
- Add the maple syrup, turmeric, curry and broth and season. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk,
- Reduce everything in the blender or with a hand blender. Adjust the seasoning.
- Garnish with oven-roasted pumpkin seeds, sprouts and squash if desired. Serve hot