This Squash and Pears Soup is perfect on a cold day !
This Squash and Pears Soup is definitely one of my favorites. It's tasty, velvety and has a flavor that's out of the ordinary.
It can be served as a starter or as a main course. If you serve it as a main course you can serve it with hummus ans crackers to make it a more complete meal.
- butternut squash
- olive oil
- maple syrup
- curry powder
- vegetable broth
- coconut milk
- salt and pepper
See recipe card for quantities
Brown the onion and spices in the olive oil for 5 minutes.
Add the broth, squash, potatoes, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes
With a hand mixer blend the soup until you obtain a creamy texture.
Add the coconut milk and mix to combine everything. Serve hot, and garnish with fresh cilantro.
Squash And Pears Soup
- 1 butternut squash cubed
- 3 cubed potatoes
- 1 chopped onions
- 2 pears chopped
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon Curry powder
- 5 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 can (14 oz) of coconut milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- Peel and cut the squash, potatoes and pears into pieces. Slice the onions
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat add the olive oil, once hot add the onions and spices and cook until the onion is softened
- Add the maple syrup, broth, squash, and potatoes. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Reduce everything in the blender or with a hand blender. Adjust the seasoning.
- Add the coconut milk, mix well to combine everything
- Garnish with fresh cilantro ifdesired. Serve hot