This Squash and Pears Soup is perfect on a cold day !
This Squash and Pears Soup is definitely one of my favorites. It's tasty, velvety and has a flavor that's out of the ordinary.
It can be served as a starter or as a main course. If you serve it as a main course you can serve it with hummus ans crackers to make it a more complete meal.
- butternut squash
- olive oil
- maple syrup
- curry powder
- vegetable broth
- coconut milk
- salt and pepper
See recipe card for quantities
Brown the onion and spices in the olive oil for 5 minutes.
Add the broth, squash, potatoes, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes
With a hand mixer blend the soup until you obtain a creamy texture.
Add the coconut milk and mix to combine everything. Serve hot, and garnish with fresh cilantro.
Squash And Pears Soup
Perfect comfort soup for cold fall days. This squash soup is definitely one of my favorites. It is tasty, velvety and has a flavor that is out of the ordinary.
- 1 butternut squash cubed
- 3 cubed potatoes
- 1 chopped onions
- 2 pears chopped
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon Curry powder
- 5 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 can (14 oz) of coconut milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- Peel and cut the squash, potatoes and pears into pieces. Slice the onions
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat add the olive oil, once hot add the onions and spices and cook until the onion is softened
- Add the maple syrup, broth, squash, and potatoes. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Reduce everything in the blender or with a hand blender. Adjust the seasoning.
- Add the coconut milk, mix well to combine everything
- Garnish with fresh cilantro ifdesired. Serve hot
Calories: 163kcalCarbohydrates: 39gProtein: 4gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0.1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.2gMonounsaturated Fat: 0.2gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 671mgPotassium: 778mgFiber: 6gSugar: 12gVitamin A: 10300IUVitamin C: 39mgCalcium: 76mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?TAG Noble Veggies
This is some of the best soup I've ever made, I did add some extra spices and a little brown sugar, my husband Saud you could sell this stuff lol! So yummy that I've made it twice already!
Thank you soooooo much Diana, I'm really glad you liked it!