I love this Chunky Lentil Soup, I often prepare it on Sundays in large quantities so I can it for lunch the rest of the week.
Nourishing and healthy it’s the perfect soup for cold winter days. So nothing is better than a good lentil soup to warm us up. Especially since my kids loves lentil and I admit that it suits me greatly since it’s full of vitamin!
The lentils beats records of very diversified mineral intake, elements that are often missing, and especially the iron that keeps energy . The lentil provides a nice amount of vegetable protein.
If you like warm comforting soup you will love this recipes; Asian Style Tofu Soup !
Chunky Lentil Soup
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: dinner, Soup
- Cuisine: internationnal
- 1 onion
- 3 celery stacks
- 2 carrots
- 1 cup of dry red lentil
- 1 can 19oz white kidney bean
- 1 can 28ozdiced tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp dry parley or ¼ cup of fresh parley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mince the garlic and dice the onion. Sauté both in a large pot with olive oil over medium heat until the onions are tender. Meanwhile, slice the celery and peel and slice the carrots. Add the celery and carrots to the pot and continue to sauté for about 5 minutes more.
- Drain the can of white beans and add it to the pot along with the diced tomatoes (with juices), dry lentils, cumin, oregano, parsley, salt and pepper. Finally, add the vegetable broth, and stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil. Once it reaches a boil, turn the heat down to low, place a lid on top, and let it simmer for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, test the lentils to make sure they are tender. If not, continue to simmer until they are tender.
This article contains affiliate links. Click here to view the disclosure policy. I recommend only the products I know and love!