There is nothing like a good Easy Vegan Corn Chowder with vegetables on a rainy spring day !! Creamy with an unparalleled taste, try it I promise you will love it .
Finding simple recipes is the key to success when deciding to follow a plant base diet. This chowder is a perfect example of an easy meal that suits the whole family. You can easily make a complete meal out of it by accompanying it with crusty multigrain bread
This chowder contains a wide variety of nutritious ingredients. It’s however very easy to prepare and frankly economic.
If you like chunky soup like this you will probably also love the Chunky lentil Soup
Easy Vegan Corn Chowder
- Prep Time: 12 minutes
- Cook Time: 21 minutes
- Total Time: 37 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: dinner
- Cuisine: International
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion cut into cubes
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 celery stalks diced
- 3 large potatoes cut into cubes
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 red pepper cut into cubes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can coconut milk
- Salt pepper
- 4 cups cooked rice or quinoa as a side
- Fresh coriander or parsley for garnish
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan. Add the olive, onion and a few pinches of salt.
- Cook 1-2 minutes and add garlic, celery and potatoes cook for another minute.
- Add the corn in the saucepan with red pepper.
- Then add the vinegar, the vegetable broth, the bay leave and the coconut milk.
- Cover and simmer for about 15 minutes
- Adjust the seasoning serve with rice or quinoa
- Sprinkle with fresh Coriander
This article contains affiliate links. Click here to view the disclosure policy. I recommend only the products I know and love!