Head to Indian with this delicious Chickpea Curry flavored with Garam Masala spices, ginger, and cumin an explosion of flavor in the mouth.
You can serve this Indian Vegetable Curry with rice, quinoa, coconut yogurt, and of course Naan Indian bread. This dish is a promise of a beautiful escape to the land of the Maharajas
If you love curry, try this cauliflower and chickpea curry
A deeply comforting dish, full of flavor and warmth, with the sweet veggies in the velvet of the coconut milk and spice sauce.
This Indian Vegetables Curry makes regular appearances at our table on week nights during the colder months. It has proven to be the most rewarding way to use the few mismatched vegetables that sometimes end up in the bottom of my vegetable drawer.
Curry and Stew Recipes
Indian Vegetables Curry
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoon Garam Massala
- 3 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. black pepper
- 1 red onion
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 medium yellow squash
- 3 medium carrot
- 2 bell pepper diced
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ½ lime juice
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 can chickpeas rinse and drain
- Spring onion
- Fresh Coriander
- Cut carrot, yellow squash and zucchini into rounds
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the spices and onion and sauté for about 15 seconds or until the spices are well mixed and the mixture is fragrant (be careful not to burn the spices).
- Add broth and coconut milk and scrape well to mix.
- Add the zucchini, carrot, pepper and cauliflower. Mix well and cook for about 10 minutes, covered.
- Add lime juice, maple syrup and chickpeas, mix and continue cooking 5 minutes
- Serve and garnish if desired.