This Cauliflower and Chickpea Curry recipe makes me sing of joy! If you are looking for a recipe that cover your body and mind needs all year long, this is the recipe for you.
You can even double the recipe and make a big pot to keep the rest in the fridge for the week or to freeze it for the evenings when you don’t have the time to cook and need to eat something that will fill of belly with many good nutrients.
Cauliflower and Chickpea Curry
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- 1 tbsp. oilve oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tbsp. minced ginger
- 1 tbsp. Curry powder
- 1 tsp. Cumin
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 can (15 oz of chickpeas)
- 1 can (28 oz crushed tomatoes)
- 1 can (13,66 oz coconut milk)
- ¼ cup fresh coriander chopped
- 8 cups of cooked couscous
- In a big saucepan heat the oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onion. Cook the onion for 5 to 7 minutes, or until golden brown. Add garlic and ginger and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except from the parsley and couscous.. Mix and bring to a boil. Then reduce heat. Cover the pot and let it simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve with couscous and sprinkle with fresh coriander.