These are simply noodles made with Zucchini and a spiralizer. In fact it’s not really real noodles but in the Keto and Paleo diets, they are a “most”. This Vegetables and Zoodles Soup is nutritious, delicious and can be adapted with the vegetables you have in your fridge.
To make these you will need a spiralizer, a kitchen item that comes with several blades. I bought mine on amazon, it costs around $ 25 USD.
You will probably have leftovers. But don’t worry, you can easily freeze it. A little tip; if possible take your soup out of the freezer the day before you serve it. It will have time to defrost slowly in the fridge and you will only have to reheat it. when you put it directly in the microwave or in the casserole you end up with vegetables too soft, and the texture is deteriorates.
I like to serve this soup with homemade bread. There is nothing more comforting than the smell of good, slowly baking bread and soup . The perfect combination for cold winter days
Zoodle Vegetable Soup
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion thinly sliced
- 3 finely grated garlic cloves
- 2 sprigs of oregano
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- Freshly ground pepper salt
- 2 sliced carrot
- 3 celery stalks in small large parsnip cubes
- 2 large spiral zucchini for zoodles
- 1 can 796 ml canned tomatoes
- 1 can 540 ml red beans
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and softened, 8 to 10 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until the garlic is very fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add theoregano, thyme, bay leaf and broth. Bring the soup to a boil and cook for 15 minutes to allow the flavors to come together.
- Taste the soup and season with salt and pepper; add the carrot, celery and cook for 8 minutes (the vegetables should be very al dente).
- Add the zoodles and cook for 1 minute.
- Remove from fire. Discard the oregano and thyme sprigs and the bay leaves. Let the soup sit for 5 minutes (the vegetables will soften a little more).
- Divide soup into bowls and serve