Do you know the Zoodles? These are simply noodles made with Zucchini and a spiralizer. In fact it’s not really real noodles but in the Keto and Paleo diets, zoodles are a “most”. This Vegetables and Zoodles Soup is nutritious, delicious and can be adapted with the vegetables you have in your fridge.
To make the zoodles you will need a spiralizer, a kitchen item that comes with several blades to make the zoodles of the size you want. I bought mine on amazon, it costs around $ 25 USD. I’ll leave the link if you are interested
This soup will give a lot of portion, so you will probably have leftovers. But don’t worry, you can easily freeze it. A little advice to thaw soups; if possible take your soup out of the freezer the day before you serving it. It will have time to defrost slowly in the fridge and you will only have to reheat it. Soups thawed in the microwave or directly in themake the vegetables too soft, and the texture deteriorates.
I like to serve this Vegetables and Zoodles Soup with homemade bread. There is nothing more comforting than the smell of good, slowly baking bread and vegetable soup. The perfect combination for cold winter days
Zoodle Vegetable Soup
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
- Category: dinner, lunch
- Cuisine: Italian
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion thinly sliced
- 3 finely grated garlic cloves
- 2 sprigs of oregano
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- Freshly ground pepper salt
- 2 sliced carrot
- 3 celery stalks in small large parsnip cubes
- 2 large spiral zucchini for zoodles
- 1 can (796 ml canned tomatoes)
- 1 can (540 ml red beans)
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and softened, 8 to 10 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until the garlic is very fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the sprigs of oregano, sprigs of thyme, bay leaf and broth. Bring the soup to a boil and cook for 15 minutes to allow the flavors to come together.
- Taste the soup and season with salt and pepper; add the carrot, celery and cook for 8 minutes (the vegetables should be very al dente).
- Add the zoodles and cook for 1 minute.
- Remove from fire. Discard the oregano and thyme sprigs and the bay leaves. Let the soup sit for 5 minutes (the vegetables will soften a little more).
- Divide soup into bowls and serve