Find the Sunshine of Mexico in this Healthy Mexican Buddha Bowl !
This Mexican Healthy Bowl combines all the flavors I love, from salsa to the guacamole to the grilled tofu with a touch of chili.
This bowl is filled with protein and it's also a feast for the eyes. Each bowl can be personalized, everyone can add the ingredients they want. Very easy, don't hesitate to add this type of bowl to your menu with the ingredients you have on hand.
You can also prepare this Mexican bowl for a meal prep. Keep the ingredients in different containers and you only have to do the assembly at the last minute.
Tofu is made from curdled fresh soy milk, which has been compressed into blocks. It is generally 100% gluten-free, vegetarian and vegan.
Tofu has a neutral flavor that easily to adopts with any seasoning you want to add.
Tofu is a vegetarian protein rich in calcium and protein. Tofu is also a great source of amino acids and is low in calories. Try to buy your tofu Organic or GMO-free.
There are two main categories of tofu - silky or firm. The silky tofu is soft and liquid because it contains a lot of water. Firm tofu can be medium, firm or extra-firm. For this recipe, you will need firm or extra-firm tofu.
Grilled Vegetables Buddha Bowl
Healthy Mexican bowl
- 6 cups cooked rice or quinoa
- 14 ounce extra firm tofu
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups corn frozen
- 1 can kidney beans
- Salsa Pico de Galo
- ¼ cup green onions chopped
- Fresh coriander to taste.
- Cook rice or quinoa according to package directions
- In a pan (ideally cast iron) add 2 tablespoons of avocado oil and over medium heat add the tofu, spices, salt and pepper. Cook the tofu for about 8-10 minutes until golden brown and crispy on the outside.
- In the microwave in a little water, cook the frozen corn for 3 minutes at maximum power.
- Make the assembly, in each bowl add the rice and the other ingredients on top
Leave a Reply