This Easy Vegan Sandwich Recipe is a crowd-pleaser.
If you’re a sandwich fan like me, you will LOVE this Vegan Sandwich Recipe made with tofu. It’s super easy to make, 100 % plant-based, and sooo delicious!!
Easy Vegan Sandwich
- 4 sub breads
- ½ package 7 ounce firm tofu tiny slices and marinated
- 2 bell peppers sliced
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 ½ cup mushrooms sliced
- 1 small head of Iceberg lettuce chopped
- 2 tomatoes sliced
- 2 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Marinate the tofu slices for 1 hour
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F (optional)
- In a skillet over medium high heat, add the tofu and the marinade and bring to a boil. reduce heat and continu cooking until the sauce is almost all evaporated. (About 8 to 10 minutes)
- Remove the tofu from the skillet and reserve.
- Open the sub bread and place it in the oven for 5 minutes to warm it up (optional)
- Add olive oil, onion, mushroom and pepper cook until the onion add softened. (about 10 minutes)
- Place the tofu on top of the bread and follow with the onion mixture.
- Add chopped lettuce, tomato, sprinkle with dry oregano, salt and pepper and serve