This Healthy Kale Salad is so colorful and delicious
I almost never buy bagged salad, but it’s been a long time since I wanted to try the Eat Smart Healthy Kale Salad recipe found at Costco and in grocery stores, so finally I did succumb to the temptation.
I served this salad for lunch to the whole family and it was a success! Everyone loved it and curiously, the salad improved over the hours. The
How to properly store your kale
You have two options:
Wrap the kale bouquet as is in a paper towel and store it in a plastic bag in the vegetable drawer of the refrigerator. The kale should be in great shape for a week.
Kale is one of the only greens you can wash and prepare days in advance. You can cut, slice or tear the leaves, rinse them, dry them well and store the leaves in a zipped plastic bag, also insert a clean sponge or paper towel so you can keep your salad up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
Great Salad Recipes for Lunch
The Best Kale Salad
- 4 cups kale finely chopped
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts grated
- 1 cup red cabbage chopped
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- In a large bowl, combine kale, grated Brussel sprouts, cabbage and poppy seed vinaigrette. Stir until all ingredients are covered with vinaigrette.
- Reserve for at least 1 hour.
- Sprinkle dried cranberries and pumpkin seeds immediately before serving.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl, mix well. Use immediately or store in the refrigerator.