This Healthy Kale Salad is so colorful and delicious
I almost never buy bagged salad, but it’s been a long time since I wanted to try the Eat Smart Healthy Kale Salad recipe found at Costco and in grocery stores, so finally I did succumb to the temptation.
I served this salad for lunch to the whole family and it was a success! Everyone loved it and curiously, the salad improved over the hours. The leftovers for lunch the next day were super delicious! So I decided to create my own kale salad and after a few tries, I finally found a version of the salad recipe and vinaigrette out of the ordinary.
A little bit about Kale
Kale is a cruciferous vegetable of the same family as cauliflower, broccoli and green cabbage.A full cup of kale can help your body in several ways. Here is what all of these vitamins, minerals and antioxidant compounds that can be found in kale can do:
- Reduces your risk of chronic disease
- Protects against vision loss
- Helps lower blood pressure
How to properly store your kale
You have two options:
Wrap the kale bouquet as is in a paper towel and store it in a plastic bag in the vegetable drawer of the refrigerator. The kale should be in great shape for a week.
Kale is one of the only greens you can wash and prepare days in advance. You can cut, slice or tear the leaves, rinse them, dry them well and store the leaves in a zipped plastic bag, also insert a clean sponge or paper towel so you can keep your salad up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
Great Salad Recipes for Lunch
The Best Kale Salad
I decided to create my own Healthy Kale Salad and after a few tries, I finally found a version I love with a creamy and deliious dressing.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: internationnal
- 4 cups finely chopped kale
- 2 cups grated Brussels sprouts
- 1 cup red cabbage chopped
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup shelled pumpkin seeds
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- ¼ cup of vegan mayo
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of poppy seeds
- In a large bowl, combine kale, grated Brussel sprouts, cabbage and poppy seed vinaigrette. Stir until all ingredients are covered with vinaigrette.
- Reserve for at least 1 hour.
- Sprinkle dried cranberries and pumpkin seeds immediately before serving.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl, mix well. Use immediately or store in the refrigerator.
This article contains affiliate links. Click here to view the disclosure policy. I recommend only the products I know and love!