If you are looking for an out-of-the-ordinary pasta recipe that is filled with exotic flavors, then this Easy Tikka Masala Pasta are for you!
I’m a big fan of Indian cuisine and pasta so I thought to myself why not combine the two! At first the idea seemed a bit strange, but not anymore! Now this Easy Tikka Masala Pasta recipe keeps coming up on the menu. The whole family likes it, even my youngest, who is very picky with is food.
This Pasta dish is ready in 30 minutes! Don’t hesitate to keep the leftovers, the taste is even better the next day. We often double the recipe so that the whole family has a yummy lunch to bring to school or work.
If you are like me and you love pasta, here are some equally delicious pasta recipes!
What is Tikka Masaka
Tikka = an Indian dish of small pieces of meat or vegetables marinated in seasoned yogurt and grilled.
Masala = any mix of spices ground into a paste or powder for use in Indian cooking.
What Does Tikka Masala Taste Like?
Tikka masala is a tomato and cream based sauce with lots of traditional Indian spices, including ginger, turmeric and red chili powder, garam masala, coriander and cumin.
Easy Tikka Masala Pasta
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. ground cardamom
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 green onions chopped
- 4 garlic cloves chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped ginger
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 2 tbsp. ground coriander
- ¼ cup water
- 3 cups chopped tomatoes
- salt to taste
- 1 cup heavy cream I used the vegan brand Belsoy
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 can chickpeas
- 12 oz pasta your choice
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. And cook the pasta until al dente
- In a large pan. add the olive oil and the white part of the green onion and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add the ginger and garlic. Season with salt. Cook for another 1 minute.
- Add the spices with ¼ cup of water. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add the crushed tomatoes. Season with salt. Mix well. Cover with a lid. Cook the tomatoes for 10 minutes.
- Add the heavy cream, garam masala, remaining green onion and chickpeas. Stir.
- Add the cooked pasta to the sauce.
- Serve and garnish with chopped cilantro leaves.