I'm back with another fall recipe. This time it is one of my favorite fall muffins. rustic pumpkin muffins.
When most people think about fall, muffins aren't a topic of conversation but, with this recipe, your Rustic Pumpkin Muffins will be the talk of the show.
These muffins are super tasty and could even be used as a dinner roll for Halloween parties or even at thanksgiving dinners. Pumpkin is very popular with the fall season and Halloween. Pumpkin around this time of year mainly gets used either to make fresh pumpkin puree, pumpkin carving and to be incorporated into thanksgiving meals.
These muffins speak for themselves here, from the crunch of the pumpkin seeds, the airy, soft inner layer, and the pumpkin spice flavor of the muffin itself. If this doesn't scream fall season, I don't know what will. The best part about these muffins has got to be the sneaky ingredient of raisins. The raisins add a burst of flavor and level up this rustic pumpkin muffin
Another thing that sets this muffin apart from the rest is it being 'Rustic' These muffins are perfectly imperfect like any good Halloween-themed muffin should. There is something about this muffin being so natural that brings on the holiday spirits.
Rustic Pumpkin Muffins
- Preheat the oven to 350 ˚F
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, pumpkin seeds, oatmeal, yeast, cinnamon, nutmeg, raisins and salt.
- In another bowl, using a whisk, combine the orange juice, pumpkin puree, maple syrup and oil.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well with a wooden spoon. Let sit for 10 minutes while the oats absorb the liquids.
- Divide batter among 12 paper-lined muffin cups.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes.